Israel Trip Day Ten

Masada, En Gedi, and The Dead Sea today. Incredible views and heat.

We saw where David hide from Saul in the Desert. We saw some wildlife (Fox and Deer/Ram/something-or-another with horns). I shot this beautiful plant while on top of an overlook.
We then traveled up the mighty Masada mountain top. Mandy and few other people actually walked down. I took her 20 minutes and about 45 for some others. It was incredible that they build this city so high and incredible that the Romans could overtake it in 7 months.
This cave 4 where some cool Dead Sea Scrolls came from
The Dead Sea was an experience. So easy to float. What got me was the realization that we were at the lowest point on the earth. Wow! We even rubbed the black mud on our skin and floated for a while in the 115 degree sun. Our first REAL hot day. Here is an image I got. I am real proud of the pictures I have been able to take. Very impressive. Its is so easy to get great pictures here.

A small video of top of Masada near Dead Sea



No comments: