Day Twelve

Landed early this am at LAX. Customs was easy and the traffic around the airport was not too bad. We took a shuttle to my sister's house in La Canada and crashed for a few hours. The weather is great here. If it wasn't for all the people, traffic, price gouging, earthquakes, gangs, and liberals, I think I could make this a vacation spot.

Bill is headed out with a few friends and my family is going to eat and to the batting gages for some baseball practice.
We drove around the Hollywood Hills for a while to see Ron and Tanya's old place. (This is not it) The old houses in the Hollywood hills are very historic and well kept. Very European. That means, close to the road and wooden garage doors, not hair under the arm housewives and rude shopkeepers,

We went to In and Out Burger for supper, so Tippy did not have to cook. I love the drive through menu. Very simple. Burger, cheese burger, fries, drink. What other choices do you really need from a burger stand?

Bill is driving around looking for a tattoo parlor. Someone messed up the kangaroo on his arm. I think he is looking to see if it can be tweaked into a battleship, Guns & Roses album art, or IFL's UK logo.

We watched "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader." Which apparently, I am not. Bill, who does not watch TV for over 6 years now, is smarter than a 10 year old. Wonder if it is the reading he does? I better rent and watch a documentary from NetFlix to find out.

We both got to talk to our wives for a while tonight. Boy do I miss home. Can't wait to show the kids the small gifts I got them.

No comments: