Boston Mass Day One

Even with all the American Airline cancellations, we got away from Dallas with no problems at all. No lines at the curb, ticket counter, security, shops, or runway. It is cold here. We even saw ice on the area lakes.

The subway taking us from the airport to downtown
Our very small room downtown (oldest hotel in the US)
Right across the street from our hotel
Mandy needed some food (from my cell phone)

At a downtown hangout (shops and food)

Eating Mexican food in downtown Bean Town was interesting. I did get a salmon dish, so I mixed Texas and Boston into one meal. Here is the hot sauce I tried. Not too bad.
There are a LOT of Boston Red Sox hats, shirts, stores, fans, etc around here. I thought Cowboy fans were bad. Wow. Of course, we are near tourist traps but the prices seem very high for t-shirts. Maybe we will find a dark ally shop with some lower prices.

The downtown is a nice mixture of old world America & brick and new world steel & glass. Narrow brick streets and allies give way to lights and concrete. I think Boston has done a nice job keeping historic buildings in place and showing their heritage. We look quite the tourist as I look up while I walk and take images at every new corner I see.

Our hotel is noted as America's oldest continuous hotel. Our room is very small and I think of all the people who must have used these sheets over the last century. I hope they turn the mattress at least once every fifty years.

It feels like the city. We cracked our window and hear horns, sirens, and yankees. We will see what it is like not having our fan going and dogs barking behind our house while we sleep.

It is sort of nice not having to wave at everyone we passed today. They wave here too but use a lot less fingers than Texans do.

1 comment:

Tricia and Mike said...

Very interesting. Keep us posted. I'm very happy for y'all getting to make these trips.
Be careful and have fun.
Love,
Tricia