Nashville Day Four

Started off mighty early today. I took medicine and went to bed around 8pm last night. I have been wide awake since around 3am.

I gathered some stuff in the dark, dressed quietly, and headed out of the room around 3:30am. I've been in a nearby lobby for the past few hours watching a DVD on my laptop, watching the night crew clean the stairs and carpet, and thinking about NRB.
I really enjoyed NRB last year. This year, I haven't caught the spirit. I am not sure if is due to the fact that IFL has a good game plan for 2009 and I am not hearing anything that is challenging me to think further down the road. Or could it be that no one has a great idea what the future holds for Christian media?

I can't help from thinking about a few major points. Even though there is such thing as best practice and human nature, Christian giving comes from a different place than charts, graphs, data, and trends can document. And will the model built for Christian Radio/TV ministries morph to the Internet? Is the Internet just another leg on the stool or a whole new chair?

It is fun meeting people, hearing ideas, spotting trends, and learning the industry, but I am wanting to see clearly down the road. I guess I'm frustrated I can't do that right now.

So, I guess I will work on learning to walk with bisters on both heels and learning to talk with a sore throat. And just keep at the gameplan we have already established for the next year. Its sound.

No comments: