Nashville Day Two

Woke up and worked out. I was out of breath before I even made it to the gym. This place is huge. I did get in a few miles at the treadmill and the stationary bike.

I then made a horrible discovery. 260 lbs will not fit into a 240 lbs black suit. I'm not sure if this suit will make it back into the closet in one piece. I feel like a teenager in a chicken suit holding a "Eat at Joe's" sign. I'm not naked but I feel out of place and know people are watching and shaking their heads in disbelief. :)
Today is the big day. www.insight.org won Best Ministry Website of the Year and we receive an award and have a photo op later today. More to come. (I have to go sign up for a Yoga class).

We received our NRB award. We had our picture taken with the president of NRB and we had a few famous people in the room with us.

After the photo op and a quick bite to eat, we headed to the General Opening session of NRB and sat on the third row. A great 2 hours. A Christian band, Salvador, played. Billy Graham's daughter, Anne, spoke, then Alistair Begg.



I am coming down with something. My throat is killing me. I also made a horrible mistake. I bought new shoes before I came and now have two giant blisters on my heels. I may "seriously" have to wear tennis shoes with my suits for the next 3 days. Otherwise, I will need to rent a wheel chair. I will see what kind of looks I can get from people when I mix suspenders with K-Swiss.

No comments: