Brazil Trip Day One

I am headed to Miami, then Sao Paulo, and will fly home from Rio De Janeiro Sunday June 15th. Tony, Rachel, and I are checked into security and ready to go. Tony had a small detour with the guy at the x-ray machine and our ticket agent thought he was working the floor at a small comedy club, but other than that... all is well. We have tested Skype on our laptops (Sorry Mike), visited the bathroom, stretched, and handed our Religions of the World passports to those within earshot. We are ready for technical ministry.
Ok. They just changed our gate from D21 to A15. After a mad dash, we are here and getting ready to load. Tony just spent $1 for a 3 minute massage in a big black chair. I'll wait for one in Brazil. :) NOT!

Ok, with people in the world with real problems, these are really minor... but if you are on this blog.. then you must want to know about my day. Due to a moved gate, 20 minute delay boarding, another 25 minute delay on mechanical issues, we were 2-3 minutes late to our Brazil flight gate (we ran most of the way.. or at least fast walked). They would not let us on even though the plane sat there for 15 more minutes. We were moved to a 11:30 pm flight 4 hours later. And we were given 3 bad seats nowhere near each other. Plus, we now will be missing the next flight out we needed in Brazil. So a bunch of trickle down issues all derived from American Airlines. :(

The good news is we got 3 hours to people watch in Miami. I did not know they let hookers through security. Wow. I think I just saw a women dress like Barbara Eden in I Dream of Genie. Seriously, I would think you have to have clothes on to get in the airport. Apparently not. One lady is wearing a rain coat.. thats it.. PS. Its not raining here. Some Brazilian is writing in her blog right now (WOW. There are some fat guys wearing workout pants around here. Certainly there is a weight limit on these planes. He looks uncomfortable while he is typing.)
I hope I can sleep on this plane. I am getting a little tired. love everyone. Good night.



No comments: