Brazil Trip Day Two

A good flight with very little problems. I sat by a quite man (who might not have spoke English). Guys only need to nod "move over, can I borrow your pen, and I've got to go pee."

I'm still trying to soak in the whole travel experience. Lots of new sights, smells, signs, fashions, and certainly words. Tony might get away with being Brazilian, which is not really helping us out. People assume we know what we are doing and begin speaking Portuguese to us from the start. I learned "No Falo Portuguese" but so far that has only brought stares, finger pointing, and a little shame. Maybe I'm saying it all wrong.

Ken is happy to see us! (We think)
We are in a nice hotel in the Brazilian capital. This city was only built about 40 years ago. Its like Washington DC, a planned city... shaped like a plane. Very well laid out and organized. It was meant to hold 500,000 people and have no traffic lights. All right turns and round-a-bouts. Very neat.

Internet is VERY slow. You can improve it but it cost way more per minute. I may have to upgrade when using Skype. Our hotel is considered 5 star. It is very nice but Ken got it at a great rate from a Christian couple who own it. We have two toilets. Someone might have to show me a Youtube video so I can learn how to use them both. Right now, I'm just keeping my drinks cold in one of them.

View from my balcony turning left




Not much on TV.. unless you speak Portuguese or like to read subtitles. Some soccer games and weird talk shows. The shower is one of the best I have ever had. Its like standing under a waterfall. It could knock a small child off his feet.

Great dinner tonight. Brazilian Ribeye steak at an outdoor restaurant. Met some new friends helping on the website with Ken.

No comments: