Brazil Trip Day Five

An unbelievable meal last night with Ken Grant, Esly Carvalho, Tony Garza and Rachel Garza at Fogo De Chao. It is within walking distance of our hotel. One of the best meals on my life and great conversation too. I learned a lot about Jewish Holidays from Esly.

Tony needed some vertical help

Just returned from the mall. What would make me think of venturing out alone? You have NO idea how many people speak to you in a day, until you can't understand them. (Hello, how are you? what time is it? Where did you get those shoes? do you workout? are you married? can I help you? would you like a shopping basket? hot out there isn't it? wow, you look great in those jeans! I bet you can bench press about 435. Am I right?)

I understood none of it. And looked foolish shaking my head and smiling. AND I could not find the stores and gifts I was looking for. I'll try again with Ken.

A picture of our hotel signOur Hotel
Long day driving around town looking for computer parts. Finally got to see how the city is laid out. Really neat. Literally EVERY city section looks like the others. They are are all built identical. Here is the crazy part. The city is zoned so well, that all carpet stores are on one street, all paint supply companies are are one street, computer parts, automotive, drapes, windows, etc.. are all on one street. This way you don't have to drive all over town to compare prices for what you need. Each area of town has their own bank, grocery store, etc... but city wide there are streets that specialize on only 'one" specialization.

These areas of town have one street that connects them with the major roads through town. You can't drive from neighborhood to neighborhood. You mush leave, hit a major road, then enter another neighborhood. This keeps the small streets less congested. Remember.. no red lights or stop signs. I'll get a picture of the small city scaled down to model sized and insert it here.

No comments: