Day One


Day started at 6am. Bill was in my driveway at 7am. We made it safe to the airport and had little trouble getting Bill through security. Good thing for aliases. Had to remind Bill that they only wanted his shoes off walking through the scanner, not his shirt.

We did have our flight delayed about an hour, while sitting on the runway. Not so bad, when sitting in first class eating hot nuts and rubbing my hands with a hot, moist towel. However, we touched down only 45 minutes late in Burbank. Tanya was waiting for us and drove us straight to a doctors appointment for my niece. Bill and I went to a nearby ice cream shop, where Bill decided to see if rich, dark, California chocolate might be acceptable on his diet. Being so health conscience, I had a fruit smoothie.

Drove by Billy Ray Cyrus, Kevin Costner, and Angela Bassett's houses. I remember when I had to live in small house too. Made me a little sad for them.

My sister's family lives on Palm Drive, thus the pictures of the trees. They made Bill and I some welcome signs. Ron was in Porta Rico, so we just took pictures of his pictures.

Spent the rest of the cloudy, drizzly day in The Pearson/Myers house talking, eating, and watching the Apostles of Comedy DVD. Reagan showed us a few of her dance routines and Tex and I played "I Spy" for a while.

Learned that I am going to take a picture of Reagan on my trip for a school project. I need to take pictures of Australia with her image in the picture. Sounds like fun.

Got to bed at 11:30 Texas time.

No comments: